I’m a qualified coach and experienced writing coach/mentor, and I’m passionate about helping you achieve your goals. I know just what it’s like to be starting out as a writer, and also being a published writer, developing new book ideas and series. My coaching style is straightforward and solution-orientated with a flexible balance of support and challenge tailored to suit your specific needs.
I enjoy working with all writers – from those just starting out to the more experienced – and helping you move from idea to outline, and from a blank page to the polished draft. If you’re lacking confidence, unsure how to get started, or suffering from writer’s block, I use a range of coaching techniques to help you free your creative thinking, set motivating goals and accountability targets, and move forward to achieve your ambition with success.
I run one-hour, one-to-one coaching and mentoring sessions over zoom, which can be booked as single ‘one off’ sessions, or in blocks of five or ten sessions (with a discount for block booking).
Included in the cost is the option of having me read up to 3,000 words of your synopsis, outline and/or chapter/s in advance of the session, which we can then discuss in detail.
The session is very much led by what you need to support you in your writing. Examples of topics covered include:
- Helping you find ideas
- Working with you to take an idea from something vague to something tangible
- Helping you face the blank page
- Helping you see where your story is going
- Giving you strategies to break free of writer’s block
- Helping you work on an outline, or work on story structure
- Helping you to develop characters, style and dialogue
- Giving you feedback on your synopsis, outline and/or chapter/s from your novel
- Helping you find the time and motivation to start writing and keep writing
- Supporting you as you navigate through the process of getting published
- Helping you understand the publishing industry
Whatever you’re looking for – feedback on your work-in-progress, a sounding board, a process and motivational coach, a plot buddy, style, voice and character guidance, breaking writers’ block, information on the publishing industry or step-by-step mentoring all the way through – I’d be happy to help.
To find out more, get in touch by emailing Steph at email@example.com