The London Book Fair (LBF) takes place this week and if you’re heading along make sure to check out Author HQ, with Kindle Direct Publishing, LBF’s dedicated area for established and aspiring writers. Launched as a result of the increasing interest from the self-publishing community, there’s a great line up of speakers – publishers, writers and agents – taking part in the seminar programme.
Representatives from Little, Brown; HarperCollins; Headline; The Orion Publishing Group; Quercus; Pan Macmillan; The Creative Penn; The Alliance of Independent Authors; The Agency Group; Canelo Digital Publishing; The Society of Authors and The Literary Consultancy, AM Heath and David Higham Associates, and more, will be sharing their secrets and expertise.
Each day bestselling Kindle Direct Publishing authors will be talking about their experiences. Mel Sherratt, Stephanie Hudson and Keith Houghton will be joined by Mark Dawson on Tuesday; by CJ Lyons on Wednesday and by Rachel Abbott on Thursday. Seminar topics include:
- Introduction to Publishing
- Know Your Rights – Legal and Contracts
- Writing and Reading in the Digital Era
- The Principles of Successful Book and Book Cover Design
- Genre Spotlights
- Publishers and Agents – how they discover new talent
- How to Sell Your Book
- How I Made It – Living the Dream (authors sharing their experiences of launching their writing careers)
- What It Takes to Get Readers to Turn the Page
- The Craft of Writing
- The Rise of Author Collectives
- Successful Social Media Strategies
- Effective PR & Marketing
- Journalists – What are they looking for?
Back for another year, The Write Stuff, a Dragon’s Den-style panel event, will see ten authors pitch their books to a panel of literary agents on Thursday afternoon in front of an audience in Author HQ, for the chance to win a follow up meeting with an agent.
The London Book Fair (14-16 April) has moved to its new venue for 2015 – Olympia, West London. All Author HQ events are free-to-attend with the purchase of a three-day LBF pass and seminar places are allocated on a first come, first served, basis. Hop on over to www.londonbookfair.co.uk for more information on booking, and for further information on the seminar line up, check out www.londonbookfair.co.uk/authors.